Sunday, November 24, 2013

Celts Progress Report

I wish I could say that I’ve watched a single Celtics game from start to finish so far this season, but I haven’t. No, it’s not because I don’t have cable. I could easily watch a pixelated bootleg stream with Turkish commentary online. It’s also not because we suck, which we do. It’s mostly because PJ Carlesimo is doing the commentary for games. My god, his voice!

In all seriousness, I think the C’s are in good shape for the future. Rondo is still wearing green, Sully has turned out to be a quality big, and it looks like Olynyk and his hair was a decent draft pick. We’ve also got the chosen one, Brad Stevens.
On top of that, we have either the Nets/Hawks 1st round draft pick this year, depending on who does worse. I don’t even know where to start with the Nets. Every time I go to the gym, I see the cover of an old Sports Illustrated with their starting five steady mean muggin for the camera. They looked like a top 3 seed in the east at least. But now, they’d be lucky to make the playoffs, and we get another dope pick in a loaded draft. Poor KG and PP, but I’ll take it. We have a ton of dead weight. Kris Kardashian, Gerald “Crash and Burn” Wallace, and apparently we have Keith Bogans too. These guys are all bona fide scrubs, completely unworthy of their contracts. I actually wouldn’t mind shipping these clowns off for the artist formerly known as Amare Stoudemire, as was rumored.
Okay, Jeff Green blows. I understand that he hit the corner three in LeBron’s eyeball for the win, and for that I’m thankful. But this dude has no sense of urgency whatsoever. I wouldn’t care if he treated NBA games like an And1 mix tape tour and just tried crossing up dudes and taking ill advised fadeaways with a foot on the line. Take a page out of Jordan “Steezy” Crawford’s book. Just do something. First options aren’t supposed to not shoot, not rebound, and not assist. They’re supposed to do the opposite of all those things.
Overall, the timing couldn’t have been better to tank/rebuild. Rigging for Wiggins/Parker/Randle should be an unspoken priority for this squad. Give a bunch of time to the young bloods who show promise. Let Brad Stevens develop his Xs/Os game, and continue to look for guys who we can surround our superstar Jeff Green with. Keep Rondo in the stasis chamber until he’s a 100% ready.

 Let’s get that banner 18…lol

No comments:

Post a Comment